On those shoulders I can see over the obstacles and to the goal! Yes.
The team involved in your sale or purchase determines everything. How do you choose a team? How do you know the team you select will perform for you?
Allot of the details you should know are not talked about enough (if at all)… Let’s get real about the shoulders you need to stand on. Man oh man, the view is so much better from up there!
Your team has 3 key members…
The best choice has experience, phenomenal reviews and fantastic internal support.
1. Too often, people choose an agent based on personal relationship rather than professional performance. It’s a really bad idea to choose an agent based on friendship or family relation! Let’s start there.
2. This is a profession that is refined by experience. The Sales Agent must have experience and therefore strong relationships in place with talented Lenders and Title Processors.
3. A support team is one of the strongest indicators of a Sales Agent who can be trusted to perform impressively throughout the entire transaction. So much more goes on that you don’t see to manage your contract through to a successful closing.
Remember: A Sales Agent’s job is to sell and be fantastic with client relations – not the logistics of the contract and sale. They must have a team of people surround them to complete the operational elements of the contract requirements. Once you’ve signed a contract, this is when the real work begins! And it won’t be the Sales Agent doing it. It’s the support team. Make sure they have one!!
They must be local and have an ongoing relationship with the Sales Agent and absolute respect of the Sales Agent regarding maximum sale price, loan type and timing.
1. Trust your Sales Agent for the best local Lender to assist you.
2. Request a few Loan Originator (Lender) contacts from your Sales Agent to find someone you feel comfortable with and from whom to get comparison information and quotes.
3. Many unnecessary complications arise with out-of-area Lenders (or large banks, wealth management companies, app-based loan providers) – stick with a local, trusted, proven local Lender that your Sales Agent suggests. Their relationship and experience together will be the difference between success and failure for you (and them).
They must have the full commitment of the Lender and Sales Agent to manage expectations and timing in order to meet all contract deadlines and requirements.
1. Work with the Title Agency your Sales Agent recommends.
2. Rely on the teamwork and experience your Sales Agent has established with the Title Processor who they work with regularly and is considered a trusted partner.
3. Title Processors are the people behind the scenes who manage logistics, legal requirements and preparing as well as conducting settlement. They will assign a clerk for your closing, while they are the puppeteer of the show. Their trusted partnership with the Sales Agent ensures a smooth experience.
Note: There are often challenges and surprises going on in the processing of the paperwork and unique details of each settlement. The more skilled and trusted the Title Processing team, the more flawless your experience as a consumer. The team involved in your purchase or sale is dependent on this all-hands-on-deck approach. If you complicate the team by inserting a personal contact for either Lender or Title, the team is broken and issues always arise.
Follow where your Sales Agent leads. Stand on their shoulders! Rise above the hardships that develop otherwise.
So, who’s your giant? Your Sales Agent. That’s right. The Sales Agent.
Come on up and enjoy the view!
HAVE A LISTEN TO THE AGENT06 PODCAST!!! THIS WEEK’S EPISODE IS ON THIS SAME TOPIC… WE ARE CALLING IT “THE COVID MORTGAGE” ~ below are links to listen on apple or spotify: